A plastic component is decorated with a label while being created using an injection molding technique. Simply described, a preprinted label is inserted via automation into the cavity of an injection mold and plastic is injected over the label.
Technical and Commercial advantages
– Visually appealing plastic parts.
– A single injection molding and decorating process eliminates the need for secondary procedures and staged inventories.
– Packaging that is environmentally friendly and recyclable for just one plastic component.
– Greater design flexibility compared to products produced conventionally.
– Space efficiency in packing that isn’t round over round.
– Production runs at the proper volume – reduction of printing setup waste.
– IML indicates high quality at the time of sale and is especially appropriate for products with high optical demands.